Angular JS Vs React JS Vs Vue JS
Do you know that Evan You used to be a former developer at Google, contributed to the development of Angular JS?
Frameworks & Libraries:
In this article, we gonna compare Angular JS, React JS and Vue JS, in terms of:
Which One Performs Better?
To compare their performance, we must first have a look at something called (Document Object Model) DOM.
A DOM is the user interface index, (the code structure behind the user interfaces design). The following capture is a simple example of the DOM.
The main concept to compare here is that DOM has two types, as follows;
- Virtual DOM: Here the situation is much more convenience. You may take it as an HTML Node abstraction. Real DOM is an HTML Node abstraction too, but this one is far more lightweight and smoother, it’s more like abstraction for the abstraction. Virtual DOMs also creates what amongst developers known as shadow tree inside your actual code, so you don’t need to define everything by yourself. Another great thing about Virtual DOMs is that they are detached from the browser-specific implementation details, this saves lots of time & effort, as well as, makes the framework or library that supports them faster, cleaner from bugs than Real DOMs.
- Angular JS, unfortunately, use Real DOM. That means as we mentioned, you need to dive down into your code & to modify everything yourself.
- React JS is not the one who came up with Virtual DOM but supporting it & offering it for users free of any charge.
Which One Implements More Options and Features?
In this arena, Angular JS is the champion. With its great MVC model, its large number of built-in libraries, & built-in module system, easy two-way data binding, routing packages, & its clearly organized structure.
If you don’t know what MVC stands for, then here you are.
MCV stands for (Model, View, & Controller) this design pattern divides your application’s logic into three main parts.
- Model, the direct data, logic and rules manager for the application. Model is the most important thing in this pattern, as it’s the application’s dynamic data structure.
- View, the actual scene of the user interface, the representation of information, tables, charts, bars, etc.
- Controller, the part that converts the developer’s input commands for the Model and view.
This Pattern reduces the time pages take to be loaded for users, by reducing the number of background queries in, as well as, enhances the interface’s responsiveness. Also, with its Two-way Data Binding, Angular JS applies module changes made by the developer to the view interface at the same time, which means more dynamic, responsive work.
React JS, on the other hand, is no more than a frontend library, designed from the beginning around simplicity and scalability. The lightness of React JS with a file size of 43KB making it a great competitor when it comes to performance. Other strength points to mention about React JS, are its virtual DOMs, its support for bundling and tree-shaking to minimize the end-user interface load time.
The case of Vue JS is some kind similar, as was designed to be a progressive interface building framework. It’s simple to be learned because the developers behind it wanted it to spear as fast as possible. Vue JS & React JS is more likely to be compared with each other, rather than with Angular JS, due to their relatively similar mission & for that both have nearly the same features, such as utilizing a virtual DOM, making use of reactive and composable view components, concentrating their effort on the core part of the library, leaving other important operations such as routing to companion libraries.
Where to Use Each One of Them?
This one is the most important question, where to use them?
Well as simple as possible. If you are about developing apps with very dynamic content or very large-enterprise-grade applications, then Angular JS is your best choice, angular is more productive for projects that require changing the displayed content dynamically according to user’s behavior.
From another angle, if your project requires versatility, speed, good SEO, then you need to work with React JS or Vue JS, as both are incredibly fast, and lightweight, which makes their webpages faster source of search-results for Google and other search engines.
How Popular They are?
In terms of popularity, Angular JS was the speedster-fans-packing framework until 2016, when it started losing its popularity on behalf of React JS. The last one was released in early 2013, three years later, it became the direct competitor for the King of front-face development Angular JS. Not only that, React JS’s popularity still escalates day after day. Experts estimated that React JS is used from more than 1,300 developers, as well as, that more than 94,000 site interfaces have been built with it. Vue JS is the newest, in 2014. Well, 7 years aren’t that much of time to gain great popularity, nether to compete with Angular JS & React JS. But Evan You did achieve something great with it. Vue JS is getting more and more attention each year, with lots of companies start using it as their main interface framework tool. Very big names could be said to but their trust in Vue JS, likeAdobe, Xiaomi, Grammarly,Alibaba Group and others.
Angular JS is the oldest, Complicated, tools & libraries most container, Googlest! One?
Okay, but obviously, not the most favored.
Which of Them Have the widest Support?
Well, if we are about to compare these three JS frameworks & libraries, in terms of community support, then we are definitely, being unfair with Vue JS. As both Angular JS & React JS are subsidized by the two largest tech companies, Google! And Facebook! So, what competition chances does Vue JS have against them?
- Angular JS is the oldest, Collected during its nine-year life, a great number of users, libraries, and resources.
If you were a beginner, seeking to learn Angular JS development, then you are about to find a broad spectrum of learning resources. First and the most beneficial,Stack Overflow, called to be the developer haven. With its Public Q&A service which allows you to seek explanation any time, about whatever related subject you want. Another resource would likely be,Udemy, as they are always offering great courses to learn Angular JS front-to-backend development.
- Facebook’s Library, React JS isn’t new in the competition arena as well. So, more and more community support had have been being collected over its eight years of life. Even from their own Where To Get Support extension over their official website, or from React JS wide range of popular discussion forums such as Spectrum’s React community,Hashnode’s React community,DEV’s React community, and other great React JC knowledge resources.
- Anyway, Vue JS community still growing rapidly, and having all the support needed by Evan You developers team, as well as, other active core members coming from various companies such as Netlify and Netguru. And as mentioned before, it’s a very favored open-source model–view–framework among developers worldwide. That means it’s always a subject of development. If you intend to learn Vue SJ frontend designing, most of the support you gonna have is from Vue JS team themselves, still, it’s somehow, reasonable support to find Forum, Chat, Meetups, and more. Simply, we could say that, Vue JS still away behind React JS & Angular JS in this.
Which One Is More Valuable?
To compare Angular JS, React JS and Vue JS in terms of profitability, we collected to you the following information.
- Firstly, in terms of the number of jobs out there for each JS framework or library. The chart below shows the incidence of demand for the developer positions that require specific knowledge of a certain framework or library worldwide, considering job offers posted at the biggest business and employment websites.
As you can see, Angular JS and React JS are very similar in terms of finding a job based on your former knowledge of a specific framework or library, which means learning to work with any of them gonna be of the same value to you. on the other hand, Vue JS doesn’t offer that many job opportunities, even though it’s highly demanded in China and India. Do you think you can have a job opportunity in China?
- From another angle, we compared the average income for developers specialized in each one of them. We took the USA as our criterion, as software engineers there have the highest annual salary in the world, according to Indeed.
- An Angular JS developer in the USA receives $116,700 per year and an hourly rate of $59.85. For entry-level positions, he starts at $76,570, while experienced developers make nearly $162,491 annually.
- In conjunction, a React JS developer receives in the USA a totaled of $125,000 annually, $64.10 hourly. For entry-level positions, as well, React JS developers start at $65,000 per year and $195,000 for experienced ones.
- The average income for a Vue JS developer in the USA is around $76,000 yearly, and about $113,000, if a full stack developer.